Thanks to my important practical experience, I am in a position to represent clients in all disputes with a commercial background competently, effectively, and efficiently, in particular in the following situations:
- Commercial litigations before all courts in the German-speaking part of Switzerland;
- National or international commercial arbitrations in Switzerland / under Swiss law;
- Debt enforcement and bankruptcy proceedings before Swiss authorities;
- Asset freezing orders and interim injunctions in the German-speaking part of Switzerland;
- Enforcement proceedings conducted by FINMA;
- Early case assessments;
- Strategy consulting with regard to actual or potential legal disputes.
Since my graduation over 20 years ago, I specialized exclusively in the handling of commercial legal issues, particularly commercial disputes.
Some representative matters include:
- Participating in the representation of a major Swiss company in an ad hoc arbitration in Switzerland relating to M&A post-closing adjustment issues, the value in dispute exceeding USD 1bn;
- Participating in the representation of an international construction consortium in an ICC arbitration concerning delay and cost overrun claims relating to a major construction project in Latin America;
- Participating in the representation of a telecommunications company in the Middle East in an ICC arbitration relating to a major construction project in the Middle East;
- Participating in the representation of a Swiss bank in an ad hoc arbitration in Switzerland relating to a trade financing dispute;
- Representing an Eastern European company against a Swiss bank in proceedings before the Commercial Court in Zurich, Switzerland, in relation to an on first demand bank guarantee;
- Representing a sports marketing company in proceedings before the Commercial Court in Zurich, Switzerland, in relation to a sports rights licensing dispute;
- Representing a Swiss bank in international asset recovery proceedings involving an illiquid hedge fund;
- Representing an Asian family against a Liechtenstein asset manager regarding a case of embezzlement;
- Representing a Swiss company in proceedings before the Commercial Court in Aarau, Switzerland, in a dispute relating to the watch manufacturing industry.
In the modern environment, it is not possible anymore for a lawyer to provide legal services efficiently and of the highest quality in all legal fields. One has to specialize; there is no way around it.